I recently moved my personal site (the one you’re currently on) from Gatsby + Netlify to self-hosted WordPress.
I received a few DMs from my Twitter friends that they liked the site and they would like to know what tools and tech I used to create this. Finally, I decided to put together the list of everything that I used to create the site.
- Theme — Twenty Twenty
- Twentig — to further customize the Twenty Twenty theme
- LiteSpeed Cache — for caching (the best one I have ever used)
- Open Graph and Twitter Card Tags — for link previews on social media
- XML Sitemaps — to generate automatic sitemap
- 301 Redirects — to 301 redirect any internal page to an external or another internal page
- Akismet Anti-Spam — to block out spam comments and form entries
- WP Sweep — to clean up unused, orphaned, and duplicate data
- All-in-one WP Migration — to download manual backups of the site on a regular basis
- Auto Upload Images — to automatically upload external images to the WordPress media folder
- Insert Headers and Footers — to add Google Analytics and other JS & CSS code snippets in the site’s header or footer
- Fonts — Space Grotesk
- Black — #000000
- Blue — #007ACC
- DigitalOcean — Sign up using this link and get $100 credits that will last for months on Digital Ocean
- Cyberpanel — Used this app to create the droplet
- Cloudflare — for extra security and DNS management
And no, I am not using any SEO plugin.
If you have a related query, feel free to let me know in the comments below.