Difference Between Professionals and Amateurs
January 04, 2021
In short, the main difference between professionals and amateurs is - mindset.
Let’s see each of the differences one-by-one:
- Professionals take responsibility. Amateurs blame others.
- Professionals focus on going further. Amateurs go faster.
- Professionals focus on getting the best outcome. Amateurs focus on being right.
- Professionals think in probabilities. Amateurs think in absolutes.
- Professionals value consistency. Amateurs value isolated performance.
- Professionals learn from disagreements. Amateurs see disagreements as threats.
- Professionals focus on lesser things. Amateurs try to be the best at everything.
- Professionals focus on their strengths. Amateurs try to improve their weaknesses.
- Professionals never give up. Amateurs give up after failing.
- Professionals have a process. Amateurs have a goal.
- Professionals don’t stop after achieving something. Amateurs stop.
Let’s discuss this on LinkedIn
Hey! I'm Deepak K. I write about business, marketing, and technology related stuff, mainly. Follow me on Twitter